snakey saw HELP

Issues related to bandsaws: Benching, tipping, sharpening, feeds and speed, alignment, guides.....

Moderator: thinkerf

snakey saw HELP

Postby jeffb3041 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:09 pm

hey guys new in here but i have a problem with my quad. it is a usnr 6' quad. my guide pressure is at 110psi and there is no pull back on the bottom wheel. everything seems to be the same between the rest of the band mills but number 4 is snaking real bad out of the cut. i have tightened the drive belts thinking it was filling the gullet... no luck. have swept the guides and rails on the over head...... everything seems to be right on. have .050 play in the torque tube but the saw is running just fine on the wheels.... top guide is not showing as much wear as the other band mills???
Any help will be great

Maintenance super in Oregon

Re: snakey saw HELP

Postby Phil Vetra » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:53 am

Is the top guide assembly tight? (top guide is not showing as much wear as the other band mills???) The band rig may not be in line or tilted...there is a reason there is not as much wear there. There should be wear strips on the rails...are they still there?

Have you checked the strain with a scale?

Is the saw in line with the feed datum? Every thing shoud be strained up...saws on and locked out wwhen checking.

Are the tips ground square on the saw?

Just a start.

Phil Vetra
Phil Vetra

Return to Bandsaws