saws creepn forward in the cut

Issues related to bandsaws: Benching, tipping, sharpening, feeds and speed, alignment, guides.....

Moderator: thinkerf

saws creepn forward in the cut

Postby j.casper » Sun May 04, 2014 2:29 am

ill sets up saw half inch off gullet I can let run at ideal saw stays put, tire line 1.1/8" saws are level 50 tension 1/64 back hook and side clearance on point. we get a rockn the saw will end up almost 1.1/2" to 2" off gullet. still runnin like a raped ape but its driving me up the wall cause I know what its doing to my saws and can see whats going on with my guide blocks. ive been saw filer most of 20yrs and I must say im feeling like a greenhorn at this point.

Re: saws creepn forward in the cut

Postby thinkerf » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:58 am

Mostly, I see large overhangs when the wheel crown is too flat. Basically, the only crown is the corner of the wheel and the wheel is tilted back to make the front edge the highest point. The flip side of this is that if the blade does run back, it really jumps, so that the teeth are running on the wheel. Another symptom is that it is difficult to control the overhang: if you adjust the tilt to try to get an overhang less than 1/2" then the blade either runs back.
Site Admin

Return to Bandsaws