Filer's Forum

[ Home | Contents | Search | Post | Reply | Next | Previous | Up ]

What is kerf???

From: Christine
Categories: Circular Saws
Date: 27 Nov 2002
Time: 14:15:00
Remote Name:


I am a veterinary student and our orthopedic surgeon asked me what the material is called that is lost when sawing bone (or wood) so that two pieced don't fit back together perfectly. I didn't know the answer and didn't believe him when he said it is called kerf. Is he right?

Thanks, Christine