Filer's Forum

[ Home | Contents | Search | Post | Reply | Next | Previous | Up ]

Re: What is kerf???

From: Steve Hoas
Date: 27 Nov 2002
Time: 20:56:56
Remote Name:


Hello Christine. This is truely an odd place for a Vet Tech to be looking for an answer but your instructor is righ. As refered to in the lumber industry, Kerf is the width of the wood removed by the saw, equalling approximately the width of the saw tooth plus deviation. Saw kerf is the width of the saw tooth at its widest. I hope this helps you out. sincerely, Steve Hoas